100% Natural and Ecological Materials
Ecological merino wool
Organic wool comes from sheep that are raised according to special rules. Like any product that seeks an organic label, the production of organic wool must follow strict rules for several years with very exhaustive controls, and the sheep that produce organic wool must also meet several requirements, so that the wool obtained from them can have this prized label of excellent quality and sustainability.
Sheep must be allowed to be outdoors during the day: it is not acceptable for animals to be confined in pens all day.
They must be kept in semi-freedom so they can walk, exercise and feel less stressed. The animals must be treated with the utmost respect since their physical condition will affect the quality of the wool.
The care of the sheep is a very important point in obtaining organic wool and their feeding is also part of this care. On the one hand, the animals must be able to graze peacefully in the fields, but on the other hand, the feed that is given to the sheep must also come from organic farming.
Finally, another of the requirements for the wool to have an organic label is the total prohibition under the rules of the use of chemical products, either in food or in the dyeing and processing of the wool, which must be avoided at all times.
La esquila se realiza de forma tradicional, uno a uno, sin que el animal sufra ningún tipo de daño.
The characteristics of beech wood are based above all on its durability and its treatment.
- COLOR: Both the sapwood and the heartwood are very light in color, bordering on white with shades between very soft oranges and pinks. Its fiber is straight and with a fine grain, as well as having visible woody rays in the tangential section that are distributed throughout the material with tapered lines.
- TREATMENT: The beech wood of our bed base is varnished with natural (vegetable) oils so as not to clog the pore of the wood, since beech is a great ionizer.
- DURABILITY and PRESERVATION: La Cama Azul's beech wood bed frame with normal use can last a lifetime. Clean with a soft cloth and water.
100% organic cotton is much softer than regular cotton, allowing more ventilation and breathability to the skin.
Organic cotton uses only natural products that confer benefits to producers, the environment and consumers:
- Benefits for producers: it is non-toxic, safeguarding the health of producers potentially harmed by inhalation and contact with chemicals commonly used in conventional agriculture.
- Environmental benefits: the absence of pesticides and the use of non-genetically modified (non-transgenic) cotton allows greater respect for natural resources and the ecosystem.
- Consumer Benefits: Using organic cotton prevents allergies related to misuse of chemicals. The absence of toxic residues makes it softer and more beneficial for the skin.
Natural latex is obtained from the sap extracted from rubber trees. It is the white or yellowish juice that circulates in the vessels of the tree
It has a number of distinct properties, including:
- Great elasticity and firmness, which makes it very adaptable. The combination of these two qualities makes a natural latex mattress provide firm but flexible support, allowing the body to sink gently into it and providing a level of contact to the back. and support that allows to extend and avoid the creation of pressure points or depressions harmful to the posture during sleep.
- Natural antibacterial and antifungal properties, since it is not a medium in which these organisms can develop.
- Breathability: natural latex favors good breathability, and it must also be in the right conditions, so two important factors must be taken into account:
- On the one hand, the cover that surrounds it must be 100% cotton, both its fabric and its padding, since any synthetic fiber on a natural material stifles its breathability, making us sweat in summer and feel cold in winter, this being what happens . with synthetic latex and with the covers and synthetic padding that are usually put on mattresses.
- It can be supported on any type of base: rigid, laminated or upholstered, the laminated base being the most recommended.
- Durability: natural latex has great longevity, between 17 and 20 years if it is kept well ventilated and is not in direct contact with the sun. From this moment it begins to disintegrate, gradually releasing a dust that gradually decreases its density.
- Non-deformable: Its high density 75-80kg m3 ensures that it does not deform.
Do you have any question? We will answer you delighted
We will assist you at any of our Pre-Appointment centers. Get to know our products in any of our centers.